Wednesday, September 16, 2009

All The Mother Fucking Shit I Have In My Head

“Just because Jesus and I decided to see other people, doesn’t mean that we don’t talk once in awhile.” – the lovely Lafayette from True Blood

I talk to him.  I do.  As much as I don’t have a formal – read…go to an organized gathering with a bunch of folks pushing their point of view down my gullet – relationship with him, we do chat from time to time.  He and I talked a lot when I was in the hospital, ready to leave the earth and kick it with the Big Guy.  I didn’t know I was dying, but I talked a lot of smack about it.  Nuns came in and out of my room. Every preacher from here to Nashville came to my room.  I finally figured it out.  I’m about to kick the bucket – and I hadn’t even finished all the shit on my Bucket List.  What’s up with that?  The final Nun came  in and I proclaimed, “I’m pissed at your boss.”  She asked, “Father Doherty?”  “No,” I said, “God.  I have children, at home to raise and I have to get the hell out of this hospital.”  She laughed, kissed my head and walked out.  I heard, about three weeks later, that she went into the waiting room, where my family was, and told them, with a giant smile on her face, “SoVix is pissed off.  She’s going to be just fine!”  Damn right!  Only the good die young!

********************************************

“I’ve been waiting for you my whole life,”  – me.

“I’ve been driving as fast as I can to get here!” – you.

********************************************

“Let’s just stop all of this talking nonsense and get back to just fucking.”   – me.

No comments:

Post a Comment